A student from the class of 2011 writes, "The John F. Andrew Mansion, built by prominnent Massachusetts politician John F. Andrew in the late nineteenth century, has been the home of the Beta Chapter of the Chi Phi Fraternity since 1950. Chi Phi was the first fraternity at MIT when the Tau Chapter of Chi Phi was estalished here in the 1870s. The chapter was subsequently shut down because of Boston's anti-fraternity laws before being refounded about 10 years later as the Beta Chapter. In 1950, the chapter moved in to the John F. Andrew Mansion in the Back Bay as has been living there ever since. The house was built by McKim, Mead, and White, the architects responsible for designing the West Wing of the White House. Now, it is an historical site."